I am writing this because I need and want all of my friends to be more aware.
On Monday (a holiday) I went to the movies at 1pm with a friend. The theatre was not crowded at all, in fact, most of the patrons were lined up to see Justin Beiber, or Gnomeo and Juliet. My friend Janice and I went to see No Strings Attached. I got up toward the end of the movie to use the restroom and a man followed me into the bathroom and took my picture with his iPhone while I was in the stall. I ran as fast as I could to Janice, we called the police, and they caught him across the highway on foot. They weren't able to prosecute him because he didn't have evidence of the picture, but they did confiscate his phone. They are looking through his phone and hopefully justice will be served and he will go to jail, and/or have some nasty tag attached to his name forever. What a sicko. Please, friends, be extra careful and aware of your surroundings. Go to the bathroom in twos (annoying I am sure for those who don't need to go), don't go in if it's empty, use the restrooms near the front, where most of the patrons are. Those are things I would do different at the movie theatre, but we all should be aware EVERYWHERE we all go. In fact, the officer said he gets reports of this kind of behavior at the mall. Ugh. The mall?! No wonder my mom never let me go to the mall alone, thanks Mom. Seriously though, be careful, there could be a creep waiting to do more than take a picture of your you-know-what.
No comments:
Post a Comment