Friday, June 11, 2010

My favorite running shoes..
I am really good at saying I am going to do something, and buy all the equipment, and then never follow through. About a year ago, I decided I wanted to participate in a half-marathon. Since then, I have been running regularly, but I haven't participated in a race (besides the breast cancer run/walk). So, today I am joining the West Texas Running club. They have a club race the first Saturday of every month, and it's only $15 per year. I REALLY want to meet my goal of the half-marathon by November (the WTRC sponsored race). I KNOW I can do it, I have always been pretty athletic, but I just get really bored when I run. After about 4 miles it is so boring! (and hot right now). Even when I change up my workouts and swim, after 45 minutes I am bored to death. I need to figure out how to stay motivated when I run. I hear the same songs that I always hear, and all the scenery in Lubbock is very familiar. I am using the website http://www.marathonrookie.com/ to help me through the process. There is a ten week training guide, and it also explains nutrition, motivation and all that stuff. I CAN DO IT! (and maybe it will help me lose that ten pounds that I dream about shedding...)




1 comment:

  1. Yay April!! You can do it. Do a 10K first and get the thrill of a race. It will get you motivated.

    ReplyDelete