Eleven days until the half marathon! I am FREAKING out!! Things I am nervous about:
-not being able to sleep the night before
-having to poop while running (gross, I know)
-Hurting myself and having to limp a bunch of miles to the finish line
-Throwing up in public
Overall, I just feel really anxious.
I know it's important not to focus on the negative things that COULD happen, so I am going to visualize a comfortable, fun race. I will keep my pace and enjoy my first half marathon. If I throw up in public, I throw up in public. I have a problem with becoming unnecessarily nervous and I am going to work on it and try to stay calm.
My favorite inspirational poem-thing.
If you think you are beaten, you are.
If you think you dare not, you don't.
If you like to win but think you can't, it's almost a cinch you won't.
If you think you're outclassed, you are.
You've got to think high to rise,
You've got to be sure of yourself before you can ever win the prize.
Life's battles don't always go to the stonger or faster (wo)man,
Sooner or later the (wo)man who wins is the (wo)man who thinks (s)he can.
I don't remember who wrote this, my mom cut it out for me from the Houston Chronicle when I was in high school and I memorized it. I also added in the gender equality.
I think I can. I think I can.
I'm a terrible speller, I rely heavily on spell-check and I get so excited when I hit the little ABC icon and there are zero misspelled words. Haha.
Love that poem! I think I'll have to print it out and stick it in my wallet or something.
ReplyDeleteGood luck on the half. I'm sure you'll do great!
PS-I had NO idea you had a blog! How dare you keep this from me?! :) Now I have 19 more posts to read.